Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Busy, Busy Day. And an update on Lucy.

It was a day that never ended!! (well until I passed out on the couch and DH woke me up to go to bed!)

Worked came home to the greyhound, not wanting to greet me, nor had she ate her milk bones today. I knew she was sore in the morning, but when I got home and saw this, I thought for sure I was experiencing yet another episode of "Greyhound and the Blood Blisters" Read Here for those gory details. I got her up (with my help) told myself NOT to panic. And slowly, and surely we made it outside. It took a really long time, and I felt evil when I heard her whimpering, but we did make it outside to go potty. I then re-traced our slow steps to get inside, tried to get her to drink and eat (No way! She said.) and then covered her up with her favorite blankie on her dog bed. I went upstairs and and "released" the crazy hound, Max. After taking him outside, she was still whimpering, so I called our vet. Had to fill them in on the happenings in our Household (they were on vacation last time) and they had me bring Lucy in. Long story short, Dr. Hamilton explained all the blood tests to me, (Dr. Kimball was kind enough to fax them the info, I :love: vets that share!!) and Lucy got a cortisone shot for her leg. So Dr Hamilton agrees that the bruising I described (plus the pictures) were consistent with falling down the stairs (I think) or Max pounding the crap outta her (very possible). I'm still going to give her the Vitamin K pills for another week so her body does not stress out, but I will be starting her on aspirin on damp days, when I think she'll be bad. I'm already starting to notice the signs, but with the recent fall, I think thats why she hurts so bad. (its only been 10 or so days). So there you go, more $$ spent on the greyhound. I'm starting to joke that my work should just make out my check to the vets office!

I made it home in time to make some dinner and then head out the door to my LSS for another Christmas Card Class with Sherle. Again, I had a blast making 15 cards in less than an hour, and I'll post pictures later.

No comments: