Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting a head start

on 2010. I thought I'd start using this blog, and letting my old one die off in blog land. I hadn't updated since May 19th, and I really wanted a fresh start to 2010:) I'm up in the air about completely killing the old blog off, it is a reflection of my life from my old SNS days, a lot of my old scrapbooking tutorials are still linked up, and visited every day, and I also started that blog back in '05. Shortly after I moved to the US. So I have mixed feelings about it, but for now, it will stay up:)

So......Lets see.....In a nutshell....

Since May 19th...

My sister had her bridal shower at the end of May. Facebook Photos are Here. It was lovely, it was also the last day to cross the border without a passport....so I was 45 minutes late, 15 minutes actually late from the start time. All because I was stuck in the tunnel.

In June we did the Relay for Life in Windsor, It rained like the Dickens, so we did not stay long.

In July I took the plunge and re-financed my credit cards. I now live a cash only lifestyle. Its been a long road to get too, but its very satisfying to pay cash along the way. Its a lot less stressful, that's for sure:)

In August, My sister was married. No Photos up yet:) It was a grand affair....a year and a half in the making, and over in 12 hours:)

In September....Mike and I got engaged:) Whoohoo!! (See Shannon, I told ya I'd eventually post it:) It happened while on vacation in Silver Lake, MI. I have some Facebook Photos Here:
We also had some "Family Photos" done in September - The Facebook Photos for that is here: Mel Brown was our photographer, and she did a fantastic job:)

October was spent dealing with Mike's Heart Problems (but really was acid reflux and did not know it till all the tests were done), Canadian Thanksgiving at Mom's & Halloween.

Come November, we got the house ready for US Thanksgiving. It was the first time his side has come to visit since I've moved in. In honor of the occasion we repainted the family room, bought a new couch & bench, and installed laminate & carpet in the family room. We also went to Stacey & Jason's lovely wedding, (had my truck die in the tunnel on the way home from that, (imagine me dressed up in heels and kicking my truck in downtown Detroit at 1AM)(but the wedding WAS FUN!), And Helena & Michael's baby girl Hope was born. She is an absolute doll. I'm still in shock my oldest friend in the whole wide world is really a Mom:) Hope is utterly beautiful, and I'm totally in love with her. Oh, and I'm happy to report that Thanks to my Mom's help, Thanksgiving dinner turned out well, (note to self - 15 pounds of potatoes is too much for this gang), and nobody was sick. I think they all had a good time:) Facebook Photos for the month of November is here:)

So now we are in December....Its a busy month in the courier business, so I was quite busy at work. I did make my own Christmas cards this year....the first time I scrapped in months:) I survived Christmas, I was SPOILED ROTTEN by my financé, my family, and my future family. I'm proud to say I had a cash Christmas, nothing went on the credit cards & I stayed in my budget:) So now you are all up to date....lol
If you've made it this far ~ Thanks for reading:)



1 comment:

Shannon said...

Lahooove the look of the new blog girl! Good for you on the cash only lifestyle... excellent way to live ;) And again CONGRATS on your engagement.. so exciting!