Saturday, June 21, 2008

Relay for Life

So on Friday June 20th I participated in Relay For Life, in Windsor, ON. I was on my Sister's Team. We were known as "the Mighty G's Cheering for a Cure". I was fortunate enough to raise $450.75 in pledges through my co-workers and customers. Considering that Windsor's economy is shit right now, I feel amazed and so blessed : ) I believe Missy said we raised close to or just over $3000 as a team. I worked 6AM to 2PM on Friday, then went to my Mom's to shower and tried to nap (Buddy thought I should be licked to sleep), so that did not happen! LOL Mom helped me by sewing the doggy's bandanna's, I decorated them, then off to the KOA I went. I was there until 330AM or so, after the thunderstorm hit, I had had enough. I was also up over 24 hours at that time. Can you believe I had to WAIT at customs for almost 45 mins? I was home just after 5AM, a full 24hrs since I left for work. It was a fun time, love the atmosphere, the lighting ceremony, and the time with family & friends. Here are a few photos from Friday night.

Mom, Missy & Marcy

Our Three Survivors - Mom, Missy & Marcy -

doggy bandannas

doggy bandannas

I love this picture of Dad & Uncle Rick:

r & r

Our Team Luminary: (Notice who is on the back! Yeah Lucy!!)





Group Photo: (Not everyone is here though)



Lighting Ceremony:



For More Photos Click HERE.

No comments: